Almond pear cake is a delicious dessert that combines the nutty flavor of almonds with the sweet and juicy taste of pears. It’s a perfect treat for any event, whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just want to enjoy a slice with your afternoon coffee.
One of the great things about almond pear cake is that it’s easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients. The cake batter is usually made with flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and almond extract, and then mixed with sliced pears and chopped almonds. The result is a moist and flavorful cake that’s perfect for any time of day. Whether you’re a fan of almonds or pears, this cake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Almond Pear Cake Recipe
I love making almond pear cake. It’s a delicious and easy dessert that’s perfect for any day and any occasion. Here’s my step-by-step recipe for making this scrumptious cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Grease a 9-inch cake pan (or use a non-stick silicone pan) and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk and mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in the chopped pears.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 45—50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and placing it on a wire rack to cool completely.
That’s it! This almond pear cake is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Enjoy!
When it comes to serving my almond pear cake, I like to keep it simple and let the cake shine on its own. However, there are a few toppings and accompaniments that can take this cake to the next level.
One classic option is to dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar. This adds a touch of sweetness and a pretty finish to the cake. Another option is to serve the cake with a dollop of whipped cream. The creamy texture of the whipped cream complements the nutty and spiced flavors of the cake.
For a more indulgent dessert, try serving the almond pear cake warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The warm cake and cold ice cream create a delicious contrast in temperature, and the vanilla flavor pairs perfectly with the spiced cake.
If you want to get creative, you can also try serving the cake with a drizzle of caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, a sprinkle of toasted almonds, or a side of fresh sliced pears.
Three Variations on Almond Pear Cake
1. Almond Pear Cake with Cardamom: Add 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom to the cake batter for a warm, aromatic flavor that pairs well with the sweetness of the pears and the nuttiness of the almonds.
2. Almond Pear Cake with Ginger: Add 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger to the cake batter for a spicy kick that complements the sweetness of the pears and the richness of the almonds.
3. Almond Pear Cake with Chocolate: Add 1/2 cup of chopped dark chocolate to the cake batter for a decadent twist on the classic almond-pear combination. The chocolate pairs well with the nuttiness of the almonds and the sweetness of the pears.
To make any of these variations, simply mix the additional ingredients into the cake batter before pouring it into the pan. You can also experiment with different types of pears, such as Bosc or Anjou, to add variety to your cake. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some popular variations of pear and almond cake?
There are many variations of pear and almond cake, including French-style cakes, Italian-style cakes, and gluten-free cakes. Some popular variations include adding spices such as cinnamon, ginger, and cloves, or adding a layer of frangipane, a sweet almond cream.
How do you make a gluten-free pear cake?
To make a gluten-free pear cake, you can use almond flour instead of wheat flour. Almond flour is naturally gluten-free and adds a nutty flavor to the cake. You can also use gluten-free all-purpose flour or a combination of almond flour and gluten-free flour.
What is the recipe for an Italian pear cake with mascarpone?
To make an Italian pear cake with mascarpone, you will need mascarpone cheese, eggs, sugar, almond flour, pears, and lemon zest. Mix the mascarpone, eggs, sugar, almond flour, and lemon zest together in a bowl. Peel and slice the pears and arrange them on top of the batter. Bake the cake in the oven until it is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
What are some other desserts that use pear and almond?
Other desserts that use pear and almond include tarts, galettes, and clafoutis. These desserts often use a combination of sliced pears and almond cream or almond flour in the crust or batter.
What is the recipe for a pear frangipane cake?
To make a pear frangipane cake, you will need almond flour, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, pears, and lemon juice. Cream the butter and sugar together, then mix in the almond flour, eggs, and vanilla extract. Peel and slice the pears and arrange them on top of the batter. Bake the cake in the oven until it is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
What is the story behind Ikea’s almond cake?
Ikea’s almond cake, also known as mandeltårta, is a Swedish dessert made with almond flour, sugar, eggs, and butter. It is a traditional Swedish dessert that has been served in Ikea stores around the world since the 1980s. The cake is moist and flavorful, and is often served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.