Strawberries is one of those fruits that you can easily add to desserts. The sweet yet tangy taste of strawberries make it a wonderful addition, helping make dessert look and taste much better. We have 4 delicious recipes for you that are centered around strawberries and will have you and your family excited for dessert.
1. Chocolate and Strawberry Brownies
1 box of brownie mix, you also want to have the ingredients specified in the box
1.5 cups of strawberries
2 1/3 cups of chocolate chips
1 cup of cream
- Oven should be preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You will need a 8” x 8” pan and lay parchment paper on it.
- Prepare the batter of brownie according to the instructions on the box. Pour the batter into the pan and allow it to bake in the oven. You need to bake the batter until you can stick a toothpick inside and only a few most crumbles come out. This usually takes about 18-20 minutes.
- Once it is cooked, take the pan out and allow it to cool and top the brownies with cut strawberries.
- In a heatproof bowl, put chocolate chip cookies.
- In a saucepan heat the cream over medium heat. Heat it until you see bubbles forming and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour the heated cream over the chocolate chips and allow it to melt the chocolate.
- After 5 minutes, whisk the mixture until it is smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the brownie and distribute it evenly on top.
- Refrigerate the brownie for 20 minutes and then cut it in squares and serve.
2. Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
1 box of cake mix (preferably vanilla), with ingredients required on the box
8 oz. of cream cheese (block)
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3 cups of cool whip
1 cup of strawberries, chopped
1/2 cup of graham crackers, crushed
Strawberry slices used to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two trays of muffin tin and prepare the cake batter according to the instructions on the box. Divide the batter into the tin equally and bake. Once done, let it cool.
- In a bowl, beat together the vanilla, cream cheese, and powdered sugar using a hand mixer. During the beating process you can also fold in the cool whip and chopped strawberries.
- Scoop out the cupcake in the middle, using a melon baller or teaspoon. Fill the cupcake with the filling you made.
- Top the cupcake off with cool whip and garnish it with strawberries and the crumbs of graham cracker.
3. Skittles Strawberries
1 package of Jell-O (watermelon)
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Toss the whole strawberries into a large bowl and mix it well with the lemon juice.
- Pour the watermelon Jell-O powder in a shallow bowl. Once done, roll the strawberries in the Jell-O powder, ensuring you coat it properly and place in a serving dish. You can serve immediately after all the strawberries are covered.
4. Chocolate covered Strawberries
2 cups of chocolate chips, semisweet
2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Rinse the strawberries and line a baking sheet or tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the coconut oil and the chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave for about 1.5 minutes with 30 seconds interval. During the interval, be sure to mix the mixture properly. You need to heat it until it completely melts.
- Once melted, dip the strawberries in the chocolate and place them on the baking sheet.
- Refrigerate the strawberries for 30 minutes and serve.
- Strawberry Crisp Cookie Cups