Who says “healthy” and “dessert” can’t go together? Sure, most desserts are loaded with sugar and other not-so-healthy ingredients, but that doesn’t mean you have to give up your sweet tooth. With a little creativity, you can transform your favorite desserts into guilt-free treats that won’t wreck your diet.
Ready to indulge without the guilt? I’ve got you covered with four delicious and healthy dessert recipes that are perfect for your next family night. From fruity delights to chocolatey goodness, these desserts will satisfy your cravings while keeping you on track towards your health goals. So, let’s get baking and show those skeptics that healthy desserts can be just as tasty as the real deal!
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 lb strawberries (frozen)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (preferably 2%)
- 1/4 cup calorie-free sweetener like Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberries for garnish
- Pulse 1 cup of strawberries in a food processor. You need to process it until they are finely chopped. Once done, move to a metal bowl.
- Puree the yogurt, sweetener, vanilla, and remaining strawberries in the food processor until they are smooth. Transfer the mixture to the bowl with the chopped strawberries and mix well.
- Put the bowl in the freezer for 1 hour. Check on the mixture, make sure it is firm but not hard. If it is then you can garnish it with strawberries and enjoy!
Angel Food Cupcake
- 1 Angel Food Cake box mix
- Fat-free Cool whip
- Strawberries cut into quarters
- Oven should be preheated to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Paying close attention to the instructions on the box, prepare the Angel Food cake batter.
- Grab cupcake liners, in which you will fill the batter 3/4 way up. Bake the cupcake for about 8 minutes or until it picks a light brown color, make sure it is not completely brown. Allow the cupcake to cool.
- Once cooled, add 2 tablespoon of cool whip to each.
- Add two pieces of strawberries to the top, 2 quarters and enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bite
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup creamy nut butter
- 3/4 cup baking chocolate (100% cocoa)
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil
- On a baking sheet, put parchment paper and cut the bananas into slices. The slices should be about half an inch in width. Lay the slices out on the baking sheet.
- Put peanut butter on each slice and put another slice of banana on top of it. Once all covered, freeze it for about 30 minutes.
- Put the coconut oil in a bowl, make sure it is microwave safe. If the oil is hard, microwave until completely melted. Add chocolate to the oil bowl once the oil has melted and microwave again until the two are smooth. Take out and mix making sure the chocolate is completely smooth.
- Dip the bananas into the chocolate, making sure they are completely covered.
- Once all banana pieces are covered in chocolate, freeze for an hour and your dessert is ready. Sprinkle chopped nuts on top before freezing, if you wish. You can insert sticks to the bananas before freezing for easier eating,
Raw Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart
- 15 dates soaked in warm water
- 1.5 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (any flavour of your choice)
- Sliced fruits, any fruits you like
- Spray non-stick spray on the cake or tart pan you will be using. I recommend using a 9-inch pan. Once sprayed cover with parchment paper.
- Soak the dates in warm water for about 10 minutes. They should become soft. Chop them into half.
- In a processor, pulse the cashews and dates together. The two should form a thick dough like mixture. Spread the dough mixture on to the pan, make sure you evenly press it.
- Spread the yogurt on the crust.
- Decorate the fresh fruits on top of the yogurt and serve.