I love everything sweet and spicy! Therefore, I’m excited to share my latest baking obsession — Lemon Chai Cake! This delightful cake is a fabulous combination of tangy lemon and warm chai spices, making it a unique and flavorful treat that will please anyone with a sweet tooth.
Whether you’re looking for an easy recipe to whip up for a party or just want to satisfy your dessert cravings, this lemon chai cake is a must-try. It’s a particularly scrumptious indulgence that everybody will enjoy. Plus, the combination of citrus and spice makes it a versatile dessert that pairs well with fruit, frosting, or any other party prep you have in mind.
What is Lemon Chai Cake?
As a passionate baker, I am always on the lookout for new and exciting recipes to try. One of my recent favorites is the Lemon Chai Cake. This cake is an amazing combination of lemon and chai flavors that will pamper your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
The Lemon Chai Cake is a moist and flavorful cake that is made with a blend of whole wheat flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt. The cake is then infused with the flavors of chai spice blend, which gives it a unique and delicious taste.
To make the Lemon Chai Cake, you will need some basic ingredients that you may already have in your pantry. These include butter, honey, lemon zest, eggs, vanilla, and chai spice blend. You will also need a (9×5-inch) loaf pan to bake the cake in.
Once the cake is done and cooled to room temperature, you can add a simple glaze or frosting for an extra touch of sweetness.
Lemon Chai Cake Recipe
In this section, I will go over the ingredients and instructions needed to make this delectable cake.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chai spice blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan or use silicone loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, using electric mixer, beat together the butter, honey, and lemon zest until combined.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until combined, then add the vanilla.
- Add the whole wheat flour, almond flour, baking powder, chai spice blend, and salt. Beat to combine.
- Finally, add the milk and beat until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45—50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before adding the glaze.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest until smooth.
- Once the cake has cooled, pour the glaze over the top of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
This Lemon Chai Cake is a surprising and simply delicious dessert for many occasions. It’s easy to make and will satisfy your guests with its unique flavor combination. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Tips and Tricks
As someone who has made Lemon Chai Cake many times now to perfect the recipe, I have learned a few tips and tricks along the way that I would like to share with you:
1. Use room temperature ingredients: Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature before you start baking. This ensures that they mix together smoothly and evenly.
2. Measure ingredients accurately: Use a kitchen scale to measure ingredients accurately. This will help ensure that your cake turns out perfectly.
3. Preheat your oven: Make sure your oven is preheated to the correct temperature before you start baking. This will help ensure that your cake bakes evenly.
4. Grease your loaf pan and use parchment paper for guaranteed successful removing of the cake: Line your loaf pan with parchment paper to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan. If you use silicone loaf pan, it’s better to grease it, however, you don’t have to use parchment paper.
5. Make your own chai spice blend: Add chai spices like cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and cloves to your cake batter to give it a delicious and unique flavor.
6. Don’t overmix the batter: Mix the batter until just combined. Overmixing can cause the cake to be tough and dry.
7. Let the cake cool: Allow the cake to cool completely before glazing it. This will prevent the glaze from melting or running off the cake.
8. Make the glaze: Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest to make the glaze. Adjust the consistency to your liking by adding more powdered sugar or lemon juice.
9. Apply the glaze: Pour the glaze over the cooled cake, using a spatula to spread it evenly. Let the glaze set for a few minutes before serving.
10. Garnish: Add a garnish like lemon zest or chopped nuts to the top of the cake for an extra pop of flavor and texture.
I hope these tips and tricks help you bake and glaze a perfect Lemon Chai Cake!
If you want to freeze your Lemon Chai Cake, make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer. It will keep for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, let it thaw at room temperature for a few hours before slicing.
When it comes to serving lemon chai cake, there are many ways to get creative and make the most of this delicious treat. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
1. Fresh Fruit
Pairing lemon chai cake with fresh fruit is a great way to add some natural sweetness and a pop of color to your dessert. Try serving it with a side of sliced strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries for a delicious and refreshing combination.
2. Whipped Cream
If you’re looking for a way to add some richness and creaminess to your lemon chai cake, whipped cream is a great option. You can whip up some heavy cream with a little bit of sugar and vanilla extract to create a light and fluffy topping that pairs perfectly with the spicy chai and tangy lemon flavors.
3. Vanilla Ice Cream
For a classic dessert pairing, serve your lemon chai cake with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream. The cool sweetness of the ice cream balances out the warm spices in the cake, creating a perfect balance of flavors.
4. Roasted Vegetables
While it may seem totally unconventional, serving lemon chai cake with roasted vegetables can be a surprisingly delicious combination. Roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, or butternut squash provide a natural sweetness that complements the spicy chai flavors in the cake. We are dealing with unique flavor combinations here!
5. Grilled Chicken
If you’re looking to turn your dessert into a full meal, consider serving your lemon chai cake with some grilled chicken and cooked rice. The savory flavors of the chicken pair well with the spicy chai and tangy lemon, creating a unique and satisfying dish.
Occasions to Serve your Cake
This cake is perfect for any celebration, whether it’s a Christmas party, baby shower, birthday, wedding, or any other special event.
The warm and spicy flavors of this cake make it a perfect addition to any holiday gathering. The combination of lemon and chai spices adds a unique twist to traditional holiday desserts. Serve it with a cup of hot cocoa, spiced cider, or mulled wine for a cozy and festive treat.
The bright and fresh flavors of lemon make this cake a great choice for a baby shower. The light and fluffy texture of the cake pairs perfectly with a sweet and tangy lemon glaze. Decorate the cake with pastel-colored frosting and edible flowers for a beautiful and elegant presentation.
This cake is sure to evoke raves at any birthday party. The bold and complex flavors of chai spice and lemon make it stand out from traditional birthday cakes. Top it with candles and your favorite frosting for a fun and festive celebration.
Looking for a unique and memorable wedding cake? My Lemon Chai Cake is the perfect choice! The delicate flavors of lemon and chai spice create a sophisticated and elegant dessert that will impress your guests. Decorate the cake with fresh flowers or a simple buttercream frosting and golden or silver sprinkles, sugar pearls, or festive cake toppers for a timeless and classic look.
This cake is also a great choice for religious celebrations such as a cross or communion. The warm and comforting flavors of chai spice and lemon are perfect for bringing people together and celebrating important milestones. Serve it with a cup of tea or coffee for a truly special experience.
In conclusion, my Lemon Chai Cake is a versatile and delicious dessert that is awesome for many occasions and celebrations. Whether you’re celebrating a holiday, milestone, or just want to treat yourself, this cake is sure to please your palate. With its unique blend of flavors and beautiful presentation, it’s a dessert that everyone will love.