If you’re anything like me, you know that there’s something truly magical about the combination of coffee and chocolate. That’s why I am excited to share this fantastic no-bake mocha cheesecake recipe with you. I have indulged in this cake lately several times, and I simply cannot get enough! Not only is it incredibly delicious and indulgent, but it’s also surprisingly simple to make. With a crumbly, chocolatey graham cracker crust, rich rum-flavored chocolate-coffee filling, and a sweet coffee glaze, this cheesecake is sure to please your friends and family.
How to Make No-Bake Mocha Cheesecake
Let me share with you a delicious recipe for my favorite no-bake mocha cheesecake recipe that I have developed. This easy-to-make dessert features a crust made from crumbled graham crackers, a delectable filling with rich flavors of rum, coffee and chocolate, and a smooth coffee glaze to complete the look.
The crust of this no-bake mocha cheesecake is made by combining crumbled graham crackers, melted butter, and sugar. The filling consists of cream cheese, heavy cream, cocoa powder, sugar, coffee, rum (or rum flavoring), and gelatin, resulting in a luscious, rich chocolate and coffee flavored treat — with a hint of rum. Don’t forget the rum, it is like an icing on a cake, so to say! To top it all off, a coffee glaze made from coffee, sugar, and gelatin adds that extra burst of flavor. For an eye-catching presentation, consider decorating the cheesecake with chocolate shavings or maybe some fresh berries.
When it comes to making the perfect coffee cheesecake, there are some tips and tricks you should be aware of. Be sure to blend the cream cheese, heavy cream, and sugar until smooth, then carefully fold in the coffee and cocoa powder mixture. When all ingredients are well-combined, pour the filling onto the graham cracker crust, and refrigerate it for a few hours to allow the cheesecake to set. Once the cheesecake has set, you can prepare the coffee glaze by dissolving sugar and gelatin in hot coffee, allowing it to cool slightly, and then drizzling it over the top of the cheesecake.
I prefer to use more heavy cream to my mocha cheesecake than usual. Coffee is bitter — so is cream cheese — and too much bitter flavor is not a good thing. Therefore, I like to soften the flavor with more whipped cream and a bit less of cream cheese.
You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
No-Bake Mocha Cheesecake Ingredients and Instructions
I’ve found the perfect no-bake mocha cheesecake recipe that combines the delicious flavors of coffee, chocolate, and a smooth cream cheese filling. Here are the ingredients for each part of this delightful dessert:
Making the No-Bake Crust
To make the no-bake crust, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder, melted butter, and sugar in a bowl until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Set the crust in the fridge to set while you work on the filling.
Preparing the Mocha Cheesecake Filling
For the filling, gather the following ingredients:
- 16 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon rum or rum extract to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
- 1 cup grated semi-sweet chocolate
- In a bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, rum, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream in the cream cheese mixture with a rubber spatula. Set aside.
- Let the gelatin bloom in the coffee for 5 minutes.
- Heat the coffee and gelatin mixture until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add the hot gelatin mixture to the cheesecake batter while stirring.
- Finally, fold in the grated chocolate.
- Take the crust from the fridge and spread the filling evenly on the crust.
- Place the cake to the fridge for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
Making the Coffee Glaze
For the coffee glaze, you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon gelatin powder
- Heat the coffee in a small saucepan over low heat until piping hot.
- Add the sugar and gelatin, stirring until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let it cool until room temperature.
- Take your chilled cake from the fridge and spoon the coffee glaze carefully on top of the cake.
- Return the cake to the fridge for 2—3 hours, or until the glaze is set. The glaze won’t be very sturdy, but with a spoonable consistency.
How to Decorate Mocha Cheesecake
To enhance the presentation of the mocha cheesecake, consider incorporating some of the following decorative elements:
- Whipped cream: Pipe dollops of whipped cream around the edges of the cheesecake or create a design on top.
- Semi-sweet chocolate: Melt some semi-sweet chocolate and drizzle it across the cheesecake or create patterns using a piping bag.
- Cinnamon: Sprinkle a light dusting of cinnamon over the whipped cream for added flavor and contrast.
- Coffee beans: Place chocolate-covered coffee beans around the edge of the cheesecake
- Chocolate shavings: Use a vegetable peeler to create chocolate shavings and scatter them over the surface of the cheesecake.
- Grated chocolate: Sprinkle grated chocolate on top for extra texture, or create a border around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Chocolate patterns: To make your decoration even more elaborate, create chocolate patterns on a parchment paper, let them set, and then gently place them onto the cake. You can also use chocolate molds to create sticks, hearts, leaves, or any patterns you wish.
By creatively arranging these elements, you can customize your mocha cheesecake to make it as visually appealing as it is delicious.
10 Tips for Making a Perfect No-Bake Mocha Cheesecake
Here are some tips for making a perfect No-Bake Mocha Cheesecake with a graham cracker crust, cream cheese filling, and coffee glaze:
1. Use a high-quality full-fat cream cheese (like Philadelphia) to ensure a smooth and creamy filling. Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before you start mixing it.
2. Crumble your graham crackers in a food processor into coarse crumbles. Alternatively, you can place the graham crackers into a zip-lock bag and roll with a rolling pin until the crackers are crumbled.
3. When making the graham cracker crust, be sure to mix the crumbs with enough melted butter to hold the crust together. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan.
4. Adding gelatin to the cheesecake mixture will help it hold its shape and prevent it from becoming too soft. Be sure to dissolve the gelatin completely in hot coffee before adding it to the filling.
5. Use a high-quality cocoa powder to give the cheesecake a rich chocolate flavor. Don’t forget to add rum (or rum flavoring) to the filling to enhance the decadent flavor.
6. When making the coffee glaze, dissolve the gelatin and sugar completely in hot coffee. This will ensure that the glaze sets properly.
7. Let the coffee glaze cool to room temperature before spooning it on the chilled cake. Adding too hot coffee glaze might melt your cake and result in a lumpy and uneven glaze.
8. Make sure to chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, or overnight, to allow it to set properly.
9. Before serving, remove the cheesecake from the pan. You can cover the pan with hot, wet towel to help release the cake easier from the pan.
10. For an extra touch of decadence, you can top the cheesecake with whipped cream and chocolate shavings or chocolate patterns — like I have done.
By following these tips, you can make a perfect No-Bake No- Fail Mocha Cheesecake with a delicious graham cracker crust, creamy rum-flavored mocha filling, and coffee glaze.
Alternative Crust Options
Replace graham crackers with Oreo cookies for a chocolate cookie crust.
Nilla Wafer Crust
Switch out the graham crackers for crushed Nilla Wafers for a different flavor.
For a nutty twist, use finely chopped nuts of your choice in the crust in place of cookies. My favorite nuts in crust are pecans.
To make this dessert gluten-free, use gluten-free graham crackers or another gluten-free cookie. Nut crust is also naturally gluten-free.
Variations of the Mocha Cheesecake
There are countless ways to customize your No-Bake Mocha Cheesecake. For example, you can create a White Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake by using 1/3 cup of melted white chocolate instead of cocoa powder. Or, you can use 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules and hot water instead of brewed coffee if it’s easier for you. The taste might be slightly different, but it will still give you the coffee flavor you desire.
For adults’ cake, use caffeinated coffee and real rum. For a whole-family cake, use decaffeinated coffee and alcohol-free rum flavoring.
Instead of grated chocolate, use chocolate chips for the filling.
If you want to try a different crust, use crushed Oreos or digestive biscuits instead of graham crackers. With alternative crust options, the cheesecake will take on a new character.
For a lighter version, substitute whipping cream, double cream, or even Greek yogurt for the heavy cream.
For a rich chocolatey variation, try making a chocolate cheesecake base by adding 1/4 cup of melted dark chocolate to the cream cheese mixture. Don’t forget to top it off with more chocolate shavings or curls for a beautiful presentation.
To enhance the coffee flavor, replace the rum with a dash of coffee liqueur, such as Kahlúa, and add it to the cream cheese mixture. Make sure to adjust the sugar content accordingly to ensure the perfect balance of sweetness.
For a burst of freshness, you can also add some orange zest or a few drops of mint extract to your no-bake mocha cheesecake. The additional flavors will complement the coffee and chocolate elements wonderfully.
Remember, when making variations, it is important to test your changes and adjust the recipe accordingly.
This amazing no-bake mocha cheesecake is easy to make and a big hit at parties. With its chocolatey graham cracker crust, decadent mocha filling, and coffee glaze, it’s hard to resist! Don’t be afraid to experiment with the decorations and make it your own. Enjoy creating and indulging in this delightful dessert!