Making the perfect banana muffin isn’t as easy as one may think. Don’t get us wrong, it isn’t rocket science but you need to make sure the muffin is rich in bananas, not just any bananas but ripe bananas. When making muffins, you don’t want to overdo it and make it heavy. You want a muffin that is light and airy sort of like a cake. Mixing bananas with the batter can really wear the mixture down making the muffin unattractive and dense. So there is an art to making banana muffins and our recipe is quick and easy.
- 3 Bananas (large)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 1/2 salt
- Nuts and chocolate chips are optional
- You start off by mashing the bananas in a bowl until they are completely mushy.
- Beat eggs separately and add it to the mashed bananas with the sugar.
- Add the melted butter to the bowl and stir it until the mixture is consistent.
- You now add in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix it. If you want to add nuts or chocolate chips, you can do that now also.
- Once the mixture is completely mixed, you can spoon it into a muffin pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then bake the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Check after 20 minutes by poking one of the muffins with a toothpick to make sure it is completely baked. If yes, you are done, if not then leave in the oven for a few more minutes.