Coconut is one of the more popular nuts that is heavily utilized in desserts. It adds a little extra punch as far as taste goes to your dessert. Keeping this in mind, we have 5 amazing coconut dessert recipes you should try. They are easy to make, don’t require a lot of preparation but pack a lot of flavor.
Coconut Cream Pie
- Flaked coconut (sweetened) – 1 cup
- Half and half – 3 cups
- Eggs – 2 beaten
- White sugar – 3/4 cup
- All-purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Pie shell baked – 1 (9 inches)
- Whipped topping (frozen) – 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You need to bake the coconut, spread it across a baking sheet for about 5 minutes. It should be golden brown, you may need to stir it occasionally.
- Combine the egg, half and half, flour, sugar, and salt in a saucepan and mix them well. You need to bring them to a boil but be sure to stir constantly. Remove the pan and you can now add in the vanilla extract and around 3/4th of the toasted coconut. The remaining will be used as topping on the pie.
- Put the mixture in the pie shell and chill it for about 4 hours, until it is firm.
- Once firm, top it off with the remaining coconut.
Coconut Fruit Dip
- Sour cream – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Instant vanilla pudding – 1 small package
- Crushed pineapples – 1, 8 oz. can
- Shredded coconut – 1/3 cup
- Add the milk, sour cream, and vanilla mixture in a bow and whisk it together until completely mixed.
- Add the coconut and pineapple when the mixture is complete and stir.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes and serve.
Coconut Cream Cake
Ingredients (24 serving)
- White cake mix – 1 package (18.25 ounces)
- Eggs – 3
- Vegetable oil – 1/3 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Coconut extract – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut cream – 14 oz.
- Condensed milk – 14 oz.
- Whipping cream – 1 cup
- White sugar – 1 tbsp
- Flaked coconut – 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to exactly 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You will need to use a 9X13 inch pan, greasing it and adding flour.
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, water, oil, and coconut extract in a large bowl. Whisk it for about 2 minutes then pouring it into the pan. Bake for 1/2 hour, to make sure it is done properly you can insert a toothpick and see if it comes out clean.
- Combine coconut cream and the condensed milk in a bowl and stir until the mixture is smooth. Once cake is done, take it out and poke holes in it evenly with a fork. Pour the coconut and milk mixture over it evenly and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- Once the cake is cooled you can mix sugar and whipping cream together until mixture is stiff and top the cake off with it.
Coconut Ice Cream
- Milk – 1 cup
- Cream coconut – 14 oz.
- Heavy cream – 1.5 cup
- Flaked coconut – 1.5 cup
- With the help of a food processor or blender, combine the cream coconut with milk until it is throughly mixed. Add the heavy cream, stiring it and flaked coconut.
- Add the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze accordingly.
Lemon, Coconut Macaroons
- Egg white – 1 large egg
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Condensed milk – 3/4 cup
- Lemon zest – 1 tbsp
- Lemon extract – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
- Shredded coconut (sweetened and finely chopped) – 14 oz.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread parchment paper on 2 baking sheets.
- Whisk salt and egg white in a bowl for 2 minutes or until frothy. Add lemon zest, condensed milk, vanilla extract and lemon in the bowl.
- When mixture is properly mixed, add in coconut with a rubber spatula, folding it until completely mixed.
- Scoop out the mixture with your hands and shape the mixture into 1.5 inch mounds.
- Place the macaroons on the baking sheet, making sure to leave about an inch between them.
- Bake the macaroons for about 20 minutes, until they are brown.
- Take macaroons out and set them to cool.