Valentine’s Day is just a couple weeks away and I’m sure you’ll want to make cupcakes for your child’s class, a party or even your co-workers. Here’s a couple of ideas for some quick and easy decorations:
1. Make heart shaped cupcakes! Put a marble (or some rolled foil) between the cupcake liner and the pan before filling the liner with batter to get a heart shaped cupcake. Pretty easy, huh? Just finish it off with some buttercream and sprinkles!
2. Be Mine Hearts are a great idea for cupcakes. Using sayings on many of the candy hearts, you can roll out some fondant and cut a heart from a cookie cutter. Let them dry for a few hours and then take edible markers (yes, they make markers with food coloring instead of ink) write the sayings on the hearts. Add a few sprinkles on top of the buttercream and then set the hearts on top.
3. Make some “X” and “O” cupcakes with fondant and put them on top of the buttercream.
4. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out the top of the cupcake and fill the heart shaped cavity with a filling of your choice (i.e. pink frosting or a flavored filling). Sprinkle powdered sugar over the entire cupcake!
5. Make different sized hearts and stack them on top of each other then put them on top of the cupcake.
These are all great ideas for valentines cupcakes. For added flair, freeze hershey kisses, pour the liner halfway with the batter and put the kiss on top then cover the kiss with more filling. Bake as you normally would and enjoy the chocolate center!!
Next topic . . . . how to frost a cupcake!!