When it comes to buying kitchen appliances, you usually don’t want to go overboard and spend too much on them. You can find a hand mixer that starts from about $15 all the way to $100 and more. You want something that is reliable and cost-effective. Most people are willing to spend a little more money for something that is more durable which makes sense. With how often a mixer is used for baking goods and other dishes, you will definitely want one that works well and lasts you a long time.
Hand mixers are a wonderful tool that makes mixing ingredients together a breeze. You no longer have to beat ingredients together with a spoon since the mixer does all the hard work for you. Whether you are mixing cake batter or just whipping cream, the process is simple and quick. When buying a hand mixer, you want to consider the following things:
- Comfort: The mixer should be easy for you to hold and operate, something that is not too heavy and can also be stored with ease.
- Speed of the mixer: Mixers vary as far as speed goes ranging from low to high. Some come with up to 16 speed, which is not really that useful. We recommend you go with a mixer that gives you at least 4-5 speed so you can easily control the speed at which the mixing occurs.
- Stability: The last thing you want is a mixer that vibrates too much and goes here and there. This will make your kitchen a mess. Get a mixer that is stable and doesn’t mix too fast so you can easily control it.
Our Rating: 4.8 out of 5 Cost: $$
- Steel beater, easy to clean
- 5 speed setting
- At highest speed, the mixer did get a little unstable
KitchenAid has become one of the more popular companies when it comes to kitchen appliances. The KHM512CB hand mixer is a wonderful addition to their hand mixer lineup. The mixer allows users to select between 5 speeds at which they can mix. This is wonderful as it allows the users to mix at a slower speed when they want and ramp it up if they need to. When it comes to mixing ingredients, the cord of the mixer can be quite troublesome. Not with this mixer, you have the functionality to lock the cord to the right or left side of the mixer allowing you to easily mix whatever you want.
The mixer is durable and comes with stainless steel beaters which are easy to wash since they are dishwasher safe. The mixer comes in 12 different colors so you can select whichever appeals to you. If you are looking for a reliable mixer at a reasonable price then look no further than the KHM512CB. It gives users complete control of speed while also is easy to use and durable.
Our Rating: 4.65 out of 5 Cost: $
- 5 speed setting
- Bows rest feature ensures the mixer is stable
- No option to fix the cord in one place, cord can get in the way at times
The Proctor Silex 62507 is a wonderful mixer to have for all your cooking and baking needs. This is a lightweight, portable mixer that allows you to easily manoeuvre the mixer and store it when not in use. It is quite robust with 5 speeds, which make whipping, beating, and mixing a swift and easy process. The chrome beater is easy to unassembled from the mixer for cleaning purposes.
The mixer comes with a unique bowl rest feature which stabilizes the mixer when in use. This feature ensures that the mixer doesn’t go here and there as you mix. If you want a low costing mixer that will allow you to mix the toughest of ingredients in a breeze then the Proctor Silex 62507 is a good fit for you.
Our Rating: 4.6 out of 5 Cost: $
- 6 speed setting
- Bowl rest feature
- Comes with a snap-on case
- QuickBurst button packs a lot of power so you need to be careful when you use it or it can result in you making a mess
If you are looking for versatility from a mixer than the Hamilton Beach 62682RZ is the mixer for you. It allows you to easily mix, fold, and whisk your ingredients for baking and cooking. It allows a little more control to users than the Proctor Silex 62507 and KitchenAid KHM512CB with 6 speeds. This allows you to be in complete control of the speed at which you mix. Not only that, the mixer comes with a QuickBurst button which packs a lot of power. But be careful with the button as it may make a mess if you aren’t.
Like the Proctor Silex 62507, this mixer comes with the Bowl Rest feature which provides stability. Not only that, it also comes with a snap on case so you can easily store it with all it’s attachments. If you want a reliable hand mixer that packs power then the Hamilton Beach 62682RZ is a wonderful tool.
No matter which one of the three mixers your heart settles on, you will not be disappointed. All three pack power and will make mixing and beating ingredients and your cooking process a lot more smoother.